Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Flashback Thursday

I realize I haven't posted anything in a few days.  I have been busy "lurking" other blogs which I affectionately refer to as doing my homework.  There is a LOT going on in the world of the wide web (www)--weak attempt at a nerdy joke :-)  Anyway the Sewvivor series is starting over here at Family Ever After and the Project Run & Play All-Stars is starting over here.  I'm considering sewing along with BOTH (oh gosh!)  The themes are so good with both competitions and the contestants are so great and talented with each as well, I can't wait to see what they come up with.

I've also been shopping for fabric for "Spring & Summer" wardrobes for the twins.  I want to maybe start my own challenge for myself:  30 Days of Sewing, in which I challenge myself to complete as many things on my project list as I can in a month.  I think that will be both fun and also give me more posting material to share with all of you!  Also the babies will benefit with a wardrobe, so it's a win-win-win situation.

I wanted to take the time also to post a couple of recent items that never made it here.  The first is a blazer I made for London during Project Run & Play's most recent season.  It is another color block type (can't stay away!), it is light pink with a printed jersey.  I used the "Basic Blazer" pattern over at Blank Slate Patterns and it was super easy to follow and a lot of fun to make.  Check out my girl version:




 
And here is a boy version.  Again, my style which is patterns with solids and two colors, etc.  This time I did the same color sleeves as the blazer rather than the patterned sleeves like in the pink one.  I decided to use Navy jersey knit to give it a casual feel so it can be paired with jeans.  I originally planned to make a pair of orange jeans to go with it but I put them aside to finish up Project Run & Play and a couple other projects since then :-)  Hopefully my son will get his jeans before he outgrows the blazer, haha.
 

Ok the picture is TERRIBLE!  I apologize, the color came out bad and for some reason this shows upright in my gallery but comes out sideways here after many attempts!  Moving on to the details:  I did an orange (quilting) cotton for the inside and also for the welt pockets, which by the way were my first ever!  Not bad!  I did not have enough of the orange fabric for the sleeve lining so I used some flannel dinosaur fabric I had leftover from pajamas.  It actually looks cute because it features an orange dinosaur in the same color so it matches AND it is functionally warm which I appreciate here in the COLD Northeast!
 
 

 
The orange above with the pattern is a close up of what the interior of the blazer looks like up close and also the welt pockets.  This picture of the blazer doesn't do it just either.  I guess I will have to post it again once I complete the jeans.  In the meantime though, let me show you a polo that I made by piecing 3 polos together.  I made it to coordinate with this outfit and to be worn under the blazer.  So here are the 3 shirts before:
 
 
It is kind of hard to notice but in the top left corner of the picture is a Navy blue polo shirt.  Here is the outcome of my "upcycle" or "refashion."

 
I love the way it came out!  This was my first attempt at piecing multiple articles to make one.  The only thing I may do is add an extra button to the placket.  We'll see what happens when the jeans are completed and I present the final outfit to you all in the future!
 
LAST but not least, I have been trying to work on my Pinterest challenge--honest I have!!  See?
 
 
My GLITTER!!!!  Hopefully today I will work on my pillow! 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Please come again, leave a comment (i LOVE those) and also if you haven't done so, sign up for an email feed!
 
-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment