Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

All You Need Jammies Pattern Testing and Review

 
 
Hello!!  I was lucky enough to be chosen to test for the newly (today!!) released pattern from Heidi & Finn!  It is called "All You Need Jammies" and it is exactly that and more.  The pattern is absolutely easy to sew and follow for any beginner and includes several options to create the perfect pajama wardrobe for any season for your littles.  The size range is huge from 12M to 12Y which means plenty of sewing use with this pattern or "more bang for your buck!"  A few words about the pattern and then we will talk about the endless options AND I'll show you MY test versions!

         

 
 This pattern is so beautifully laid out with both the PDF pattern pieces AND the instructions.  It would be very easy for a beginner to follow and complete.  The finished pajamas are true to size, in my opinion--the fit is fabulous providing the  small amount of room a child should have before moving to the next size.  These can easily be sewn in just a few short hours depending on the options you choose. 
 
Now let's talk options, shall we?  The options with this pattern are H-UUUU-GE featuring a gathered top with leggings which I tested here:
 
 
For this pair I used the short sleeve option and also used the cuff option on the leggings.  The fabric used I bought during last winter from (find similar here) Girl Charlee which sadly it looks like they no longer have but have a similar "electric blue broken chevron" fabric instead that is comparable.  And I used a black jersey knit I bought a loooooong time ago for the top portion of the shirt.  The cuffs were made with a nice black rib knit I also bought in bulk ages ago.  I love the gathered tee version of this pattern it definitely adds a "girly" touch if you are using a somewhat boyish fabric color-wise.  I made this version in a 4T for both the tee and the pants and I have to say the fit was impeccable.  She is 3 years old but she is big for her age and normally wears a 4T in ready to wear clothing so this was spot on.  She loved it and Mama was happy too so, Win-Win!!
 
 
This pattern also offers a nightgown option so of course I had to test that too!  I sewed this one in a 4T with a 3/4 length sleeve option. 
 

 

 
Again I used a lovely jersey knit blend knit from Girl Charlee!  You can buy it here:  Love jersey knit blend.  And the same black jersey I had already in my stash.  This version is super cute as well, there are options to do different length sleeves and cuffs or no cuffs.  I again opted for the 3/4 length sleeves because we are not quite into fall yet so I wanted her to be able to wear it now and through the winter. 
 
The next option I tested was the lounge pants.  I actually did these in a woven (flannel from Joann's fabrics) because I figured they would work since they are more "relaxed" pants than the leggings which would require a knit.  The pattern calls for knits for the lounge pants but wovens work just fine with the loose fit.
 
 
I just love the versatility of this pattern!  Perfect for girl or boy, winter, spring, summer or fall!  You could also make short versions of both the leggings and the lounge pants-how great is that??  I had a pair of shorts cut but never got the chance to sew them unfortunately so I'll show you those at a later date.
 
And now the final option I tested was the regular tee with leggings.  I again used cuffs on the leggings and I also added the sleeve cuffs to this one. 


 
The fabric I purchased at Joann's again which I have to say now has (depending on your location) quite a bit more knit fabric than they used to.  This is an interlock with little fire engines, fire dogs, etc on it--perfect for a 3 year old boy!  I did the cuffs using an old red t-shirt purchased from a thrift store last year--YAYYYYYYYYY for Upcycling!!  I love, love, love upcycling when possible, it's such a great feeling of accomplishment for me to both see something old turn to new and also cut down on environmental footprints!
 
SO!!  I hope you like my test versions of this AWESOME pattern, but why not buy it and sew it up yourself??  You can find it here All You Need Jammies and as I mentioned it has been newly released TODAY!!  What are you waiting for?
 
Thanks for stopping by!!  Hope to see you soon!
 
Tara

 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE!! So glad you're getting your blogging mojo back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made so many! :) I love them all. Hopefully their pajama wardrobe is complete now :) thanks so much

    ReplyDelete